Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Does anyone know if they make a tablet for pool water that forms a color cloud when urine is present?

I have heard that they make a tablet/liquid that goes in the pool water and then whenever there is urine present it forms a cloud in the vicinity as well as follows the person responsible. I was told the most common color of the cloud is red, but I will accept any color. Does anyone know what this is called and where I could buy the product?Does anyone know if they make a tablet for pool water that forms a color cloud when urine is present?
I know that they don't.
I don't think such a product exists. It would be pretty hard to do considering both sweat and urine contain similar chemicals. Also something like this would have to be measuring PH levels of the pool. Probably you could get a PH meter for the pool but nothing so obvious as a red cloud.Does anyone know if they make a tablet for pool water that forms a color cloud when urine is present?
I've heard this too, but the color was purple. I've checked at several pool supply houses and they just laugh. You could try America's Best pool supply and Leslies. E-mail me if you find it because I want some, too!
Nitrate detection is very expensive chemical wise...relax...the small amount of urine is not going to kill anything. Get over it, we have all been exposed to considerably worse stuff. If there are kids in the pool, trust that there is pee in the pool...big dealDoes anyone know if they make a tablet for pool water that forms a color cloud when urine is present?
I would think you could buy it at any pool supply store, but it may not work as you hope. I've heard stories about attempts to use that chemical in public pools in big cities. Authorities thought, as did the inventors, that urinaters would be mortified at the colour forming around them in the pool. BUT....It turns out kids thought it was COOL!!!! so they would drink water and soda by the barrel and then go in the pool and pee their brains out, so to speak, in an attempt to see how dark they could colour the water.
Chlorine is a form of bleach and kills bacteria. Urine is steryl anyway. And if you have athletes foot, it will cure it.
My aunt put it in her pool, and I beleive she got it at the pool supply store.

No comments:

Post a Comment