Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is a good cloud service provider?

I need a good managed cloud provider to move all my documents and information off-site, I have been researching it and it looks like a good idea to save some alot of money and get rid of this server I have now. I do not want to do any of the managing on the server so if it can be managed that is a huge plus! Any help is really appreciated! Thanks.What is a good cloud service provider?
I've found a very good list of the major cloud service providers on a blog called Techno-Pulse with a lot of details as to platforms (important!) and even future cloud service providers to watch. Check the complete info out here:

http://www.techno-pulse.com/2009/12/top-鈥?/a>



The major players in cloud computing at the moment are Amazon, Google, VMware, Rackspace, Salesforce.com, Microsoft, Joyent, IBM, NetSuite and 3Tera and some new cloud services to come up will be Enomaly, GoGrid, and AT%26amp;T.



We are likely to see a few changes and a lot of development in the sector of cloud computing, so it might be a good idea to look for the latest cross-platform information and other good offers to come up!What is a good cloud service provider?
I would recommend you dinCloud. These guys are best in the town, and have a team of industry experts. You can visit http://www.dincloud.com to know more about this company.

Report Abuse

What is a good cloud service provider?
I'm fairly new to this so hopefully I can help you out.



Well, first of all I was recently in the market looking for a managed cloud provider. I am not too good at the technical aspect of hosting so I was looking for a managed server (Also, I really just don't have the time or patience to deal with it.) But depending on the size of information I highly recommend the people I decided to stick with. FiveSlice does alot of small to medium sized cloud jobs, and it worked great for me. I looked at a few of their competitors and FiveSlice seemed to be very reasonably priced considering the ease they put in the whole process. They charged me 49$/month and even threw in OnApp (Which by the way will be a lifesaver.)



In short, FiveSlice made everything so simple but at the same time gave me so much control if I needed to change anything. Best of all there's only five options from you to choose from so it takes the difficulty in deciding what you need or don't. So if you're technically inclined, which I am by no means :\ You'll love the control they give you. But if you're not, then don't worry they will handle everything for you.
Amazon has 5 gbs of free storage. (assuming you have an account.)



Windows Live also has free storage called "SkyDrive" which is 25 gbs of free storage. This is what I'd recommend. Microsoft will keep your info safe. You do have to sign up for windows live though.

No comments:

Post a Comment