Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best route from St cloud mn to steamboat springs co?

My girlfriend and I are moving in a few weeks and we are taking a two wheel drive car. She has never driven it in the mountains with bad weather and stuff strapped to the roof. We would like to avoid the most difficult parts. Should we consider this? Also, were leaving at night so we should arrive in Colorado by morning. Try to give me an explanation as to why your route is the best (what we avoid/accomplish).What is the best route from St cloud mn to steamboat springs co?
You can go to Yahoo Maps to get a route for this trip. I did, and they suggest taking I-35 south to Des Moines; I-80 west to Julesburg, NE; I-76 to Denver; I-70 west to Silverthorne; and US-40 west to Steamboat Springs. This route should cover 1138 miles and take 16 1/2 hours to drive, by the website. (Translation: Add 20 % to the time and distance to acount for delays.)

The elevation will increase as you go west, but the mountains won't start until you get west of Denver.
  • rumor touch
  • andys auto sport
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment